Saturday, July 14, 2007

classes tomorrow!

Hi everyone

I start classes tomorrow! I was really confused about my psych class for awhile, but I understand it all now. It meets 4 times a week which was a little weird, but hopefully it will be a good class so I wont mind being there all the time! My old roommate moved out, and Silja, the other roommate said someone told her the new roommate wont be here til Aug. I'm not sure where she heard that or anything, but i wouldnt mind not having to share the fridge til then!
Aunt Nancy emailed me and had a bunch of questions so I figured I would respond to them all here so everyone else would know!
The weather here, I think, should be getting warmer starting in Aug. or Sept. As of right now, it hasn't really rained in a few days so thats good, and I am fine in a long sleeve shirt and a fleece. Not bad for middle of the winter.
Mom and everyone is coming mid Aug, and after that we have our spring break, where normally everyone always travels to the south island. Its like 10 days long or something like that, and everyone says it is so much fun. Im really excited about that.
The food here in the resturants is really good. They have mexican, italian, fish, as well as burger king and wendys! It is a little expensive but nothing horrible. The food in the supermarkets though is not as good. It isnt bad or anything, but a lot is just different. They have different name brands for everything, and somethings like chicken nuggets, ketsup, rice, soup all taste a little different. They don't have jelly here, so I had mom send me some! The food isnt terrible though, I think I just need to get used to it a little more.
My classes start tomorrow and I think I am the most nervous about getting lost. The campus is beautiful, but HUGE. 40,000 students.. 10 times more than Loyola has! So there are buildings everywhere it seems like, but once I find my way around I think it should be fun.
The accents here arent that hard to understand, but they are fun! They say things like 'cheers' instead of thankyou, takeaway instead of 'to go' and a sprite here is called a lemonade. The fries are called chips too. There are a few little things that are different but nothing major so its not hard to understand people.
I have dont have classes on friday, so that will be nice to be able to go on trips or something, maybe catch up on the readings! Besides that, nothing else major to say. I will let you know how my classes go once I go to them, hopefully they wont be too big.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Great Blog! I give it 3 gold stars. It sounds like your school is similar in size to UNC. I know you will love it. All those people just mean more people for you to meet.