Sunday, July 15, 2007

first day of school

hey everyone,

I had my first day of classes today, in the pouring rain! It wasn't that great to be walking the 15 mins to and from my classes in the rain and puddles and everything, but besdies that it was fine! I had reading aotearoa.. which is new zealand literature. there are only around 70 people in the class, and the teacher has been teaching there for 42 years! He is retiring, and it is also the last semester this class will be offered at this level. The class seems fine though, two essays and a final exam. It might be kinda boring, but nothing I can't handle!
My other class today was US History. I wanted to take it because someone from Loyola took it last semester and said it was cool to get the perspective from another country. The class has around 200 kids in it, so its definately NOT loyola, but it was pretty cool. The professor seems really cool, he is American, but has been in NZ long enough to be concidered a kiwi, according to him. He seems like he is very into what he does, and has a lot of fun doing it. I don't think this class will be hard either, we have 2 essays and a final exam as well. He gave us the questions for the 2 essays, and one was bascially 'why did the north and south fight in the civil war?' so, I don't think I will have a problem with that class, seems easy enough.
These two classes I have at leats one other person from Loyola in it with me. My other 2 classes I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone in, so I am not looking foward to the lonely walk to and from class. Besides that though, there is not too much going on. Just catching up on some emails and relaxing, gonna go make dinner soon. I have 2 classes tomorrow, social psych and my theology class. Psych is from 11-12 which shouldnt be too bad, but I checked online and the professor seems like she likes to give out a lot of work. I'll see how it goes though. My theology class is from 6-9 at night, and its Exploring the Sacraments. I didn't want to be put into that class, but because of my schedule, that was the only theology open. Hopefully the professor will give us a lot of breaks and make it fun! I will let you know how it goes! Miss you all

2 comments:

The Simington's said...

yes! I get to be the first one to respond on this blog. It is so much fun reading about your adventures. The campus looks beautiful. I am jealous! Miss you-
Nike

mupton said...

Hi Erin: Just finished catching up on reading your diary. Looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to be there with you. Love, Mom