Sunday, July 8, 2007

Hi everyone,

sorry it took me so long to get this working, I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and actually upload the pictures and all that.
Its monday, the 9th of July here, and just got back from orentation. I think I have the rest of the day free so that should be nice. There really hasn't been a day so far that I have been able to just sit and relax, always out shopping for food or towels and sheets or something, or on a trip, but I guess thats good.
I still don't have either of my roommates, I thought they would be here by now. Everyone else has at least one of theirs, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. My room is small compared to the ones at Loyola, but its not bad for a single! The kitchens are huge, but the refridgerator is kind of small for 3 roommates to share, but I guess it will work out fine.
The bay of islands trip was so much fun. We went on this speed boat thing called the mack attack, and saw all the islands, and got soaking wet! For dinner that night we went to this hot stone place where they give you your chicken raw on a volcanic stone and you cook it yourself! It was so fun and really really good!
The next day we were up early and took this 4by4 bus dune rider thing all around. We went to this forest with 45,000 year old trees as big as red woods, went to the 90 mile beach which was so so pretty, cape regina, which over looks the 90 mile beach, and also sand surfing! That was the funnest part of that day. You have to climb this HUGE sand dune with a boogie board and then lay on it on your stomach and you fly down the hill. You go so fast and its a lot of fun.
The next day we went to where the treaty of Wanatangi was signed. We learned a lot about the histroy and the culture of the Maoris, and they had a lot of cool things too. One was this huge war canoe that holds up to 160 men at one time!
There isn't much more to say, classes don't start til next monday. I am still trying to switch around my sch. because i have an 8am and also a class from 6-9 at night which i would rather not have. We'll see though. I'm getting pretty close with 3 or 4 girls, so thats good. There are 20 of us all together, and only 4 of them are boys! I know all of them though and they are a lot of fun. I have been pretty good with talking to mom and ang, and i am able to talk to my frineds a little, so its not so bad.
I think I am goign to find someone to hang out with now though, so I will write more soon!

No comments: