Saturday, July 28, 2007

New Zealand Wine Tour

Hey guys,

So this weekend was a lot of fun. My friends and I all went out on Thursday night to this club in Auckland, took a lot of fun pictures, and came back and made a 'midnight snack.' I didn't have any classes on friday so I was able to sleep in and just hang out for most of the day. A few girls and I went shoe shopping around 5 because we found this cheap place that was buy 2 get one free! So we all got shoes, and then came back and ordered Dominoes and watched a movie.
Today 7 of my friends and I went on this Fine Wine Tour thing. The van picked us up at 930 in the morning and we traveled all around til around 5 at night. We went to a fish market place, where they had A LOT of big dead fish! It was so gross for me, but everyone else that likes to eat fish really wanted to buy things. Then we went to an Italian place called Sabato, where they make all their own sauces and oils and stuff. They had free samples of candy, chocolate, coffees, sauces, dips.. everything! That was really cool and a lot more fun for me than the fish place. After that we went to a winery where we got to sample like 6 or 7 types of wine. It was a nice small winery and the guy that was showing us around was really friendly so that was a lot of fun. After that, we had lunch at this cute little cafe. It was all paid for so we all go to get desserts too. The Italian Crumble Cheesecake was sooo good! After that we went to two or three other places, including a chocolate place that Pres. Clinton orders from! The whole day was a lot of fun and definately worth the money.
Tomorrow is Sunday, and I have nothing to do! I am very excited to just hang out and relax.. maybe catch up on some emails! There isn't a lot going on, next weekend all 20 of us are going skiing, so I can't wait for that. Most of my frineds have never been so I am excited to watch them fall down the mountain the whole day haha.
My classes are going pretty well, most of them are boring but they are pretty easy as of right now so I am not complaining. The only thing is that I realized it is a common theme in most of my classes to discuss how much almost everyone here hates George Bush! In my US history class, my social psych class, and my Literature class, some sort of politics or something that the US or the president did comes and EVERYONE says how much they do not like our country's decisons, or just how much they dislike Pres. Bush! There is even a sign on Parnell street, which is down the road from my dorm, thats an add for a TV station. There are 5 different pictures, one of them being George Bush, and on the top of his picture, it says COMEDY. Its so weird to listen to so many people's opinion on our country's decisions.. .
Besides that though, nothing else going on. Miss you all!

No comments: