Saturday, July 21, 2007

GO ALL BLACKS

I havent written in awhile, but nothing too excited has happened til today. Classes this week weren't that bad, but next week is when the tutorials and all the reading and work actually starts so it might be more tiring. I switched into another english class, from sonnets to comics. we had to read a dr seuss book for wednesday!! it was so funny talking about the book in class and what it meant and everything.
Last night was my friend Jayne's birthday, so we walked to the sky tower in Auckland to go out, and on the way we saw one of those slingshot bungee things where they strap you in and pull you down and then you fly into the air in this ball thing and flip and go up and down. so, 3 of my friends, inculding the birthday girl, went!! It wasnt that expensive, and it was so much fun! we took some pictures, but my camera died so I don't have a lot.
Today, we had the rugby game!! Everyone had on All Blacks tee shirts or jerseys or sweatshirts, and we went to this place called the Globe Bar where they had face painting and 'sausage sizzles' So we got to eat and get our faces painted, and then a big coach bus took us to the game. As soon as we got there it started to downpour, but we stayed anyway. I recorded the tribal dance that the All Blacks do before every game on my camera, so I am excited to watch that! It was so fun. It eventually stopped raining but was so cold. They won though, so are still offically the best rugby team in the world! This game was the last home game for them before the world cup, and it was also against australia, their rivals, so it was amazing to see them win!
Nothing else is really going on though, we might get a group together soon and go skiing, so that would be a lot of fun. Other than that, just classes and hanging out. I miss you all and I will talk to you soon.
Oh, and if you get bored and feel like writing me a card, it only takes like 5 days for me to get mail! here is my address -
Erin Upton
The Railway Campus
26-48 Te Taou Crescent
Auckland Central
New Zealand

also, you can callme on this number..516-874-5457 and if i am at my computer i will be able to pick up and talk to you like a regular phone call. and it will be liek you are calling massapequa!

okay, talk to you soon!

No comments: